Lisa E. McKnight
Lisa E. McKnight is recognized across the Dallas area as a thoroughly knowledgeable family law attorney who is a fearless litigator and a compassionate advocate for her clients. She is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in family law. Held by less than 1 percent of all the lawyers in Texas, this certification is based upon: years of practice; focus in a specialty area; trial experience; professionalism; continuing legal education; evaluations by judges and fellow lawyers; and a written examination.
In 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Lisa was named as one of the top 3 Divorce Attorneys in Dallas by ThreeBestRated.com. She has also been named as a Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly magazine in 2006, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. Lisa was also named one of the Best Lawyers in America for 2020, by US News for her work in family law.
Lisa was born into family law, following in the footsteps of famed Dallas divorce lawyer Mary McKnight. After earning her law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law in 1991, Lisa worked for and partnered with her mother before opening her own family law practice in 1995.
Areas Of Practice
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1998
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2003
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2008
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2018
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- J.D. - 1991
- University of Texas in Austin, Austin, Texas
- Texas Super Lawyers List, 2021
- Texas Super Lawyers List, 2020
- Texas Super Lawyers List, 2019
- Texas Super Lawyers List, 2018
- superlawyers.com Super Lawyers List, 2006