From an office in Dallas, Texas, attorney Lisa E. McKnight represents men and women throughout the divorce process, from the initial filing through post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of an existing divorce decree. Board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, she has focused her practice exclusively on family law matters for more than 15 years. She is a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists and past president of the family law section of the Dallas Bar Association.
The Purpose of This Blog
This blog was set up to provide valuable information to people throughout the Dallas metro area who have questions or concerns about divorce. Attorney McKnight will post articles to the blog on a regular basis, addressing a wide range of divorce issues, including:
- Child custody. Attorney McKnight will help you put custody and visitation arrangements in place that are in the best interests of your minor children. She will also work to secure a meaningful role for you in the growth and development of your child.
- Property division. The firm will help you allocate marital property under the community property laws in Texas.
- Fathers’ rights. Attorney McKnight advocates for dads who want to play a meaningful role in the lives of their children.
- Child support. The firm will review all proposed child support orders for compliance with Texas guidelines, and ensure that all relevant income is included in the calculation.
- Alimony or spousal support. Attorney McKnight will review all the factors considered by the Texas courts to determine whether alimony is warranted. She will also assist you with determinations of amount, frequency and duration of payments.
You are encouraged to actively participate in this blog by submitting your questions, concerns or comments about any topic discussed here.
Contact the Law Office of Lisa E. McKnight, P.C.
The firm provides a free initial consultation to men and women throughout the Dallas area. To schedule an appointment, contact attorney McKnight by e-mail or call the firm at 214-528-4191. Meetings can be scheduled weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.