If you currently face a divorce and all the emotional upheaval it entails, you are not alone. US Magazine reports that 2020 is turning out to be yet another year for high-asset divorces between celebrities, some after many years of marriage.
Take NASCAR driver Ryan Newman and his wife Krissie, for example. Their joint Feb. 13, 2020 statement announced that they had filed for divorce after 16 years of marriage and the birth of one son.
Several other celebrity couples likewise have begun the divorce process so far this year, including the following:
- Actor David Koechner filed for divorce from his wife Leigh Koechner on January 14 after 21 years of marriage.
- Actress Jurnee Diana Smollett-Bell and her husband Josiah Bell announced their impending divorce on March 27 after a 10-year marriage.
- NHRA racer Alexis DeJoria and Jesse James, her husband of seven years, announced on March 17 that they are parting company.
- Singer Ne-Yo chose a February 15 podcast on which to announce his divorce from Crystal Renay after four years of marriage.
- Actress Katie Cassidy announced that she filed for divorce on January 8 after a two-year (or one-year, depending on who you believe) marriage to fellow actor Matthew Rodgers.
Joanne Froggart, Downtown Abbey star, admitted on February 8 that she and her husband James Cannon, are now officially separated after an 8-year marriage.
Filmmaker Taika Waititi and his actress wife Chelsea Winstanley belatedly announced their 2018 separation in March of this year; the couple married in 2012 and have two daughters.
While most of these divorces and separations appear to be reasonably amicable, some announcements have hinted at serious issues such as domestic violence and/or drug and alcohol abuse. The moral to the story? Celebrities are just like you when it comes to divorce and the reasons therefor.